Digital learning at Colfe’s is used to enhance engagement, progress, and outcomes for pupils alongside our current successful teaching approaches. It has allowed us to move from use of paper textbooks to online alternatives and increase use of other online resources, software, and apps. The experience not only enhances pupil’s learning at school but also prepares them for success in the world beyond Colfe’s.
Upon entry to the senior school, parents will be asked to purchase a personal device – via the school – for their child to use in the classroom and at home. The use of personal devices allows pupils to:
- apply their IT skills across a variety of contexts, thus developing their confidence in the application of technology;
- research lesson concepts and questions and develop their critical thinking when selecting reliable sources;
- engage with instant feedback on their work via online quizzes and responding to online marking in class;
- work collaboratively in producing a presentation or document via file sharing;
- identify work at the right level for them from a selection of class resources / support materials / activities including for those with SEND;
- take responsibility for organising and making use of their online notes.
Find out more about digital devices at Colfe’s by reading our FAQs and Purchase Information.