Colfe’s Swim Academy – Group Rules
Colfe’s Swim Academy – Group Rules
Group Lessons – Rules & Regulations
At Colfe’s Leisure Centre, the health and safety of both your children and our staff is paramount. In line with Government guidelines, we have put in place stringent measures to ensure your children can enjoy swimming lessons with us in a safe environment.
Here is how we will keep your children safe if they return to swimming lessons during autumn 2020
- Face Mask – All adults are expected to wear face masks on entry to the centre grounds and should not be removed until exiting the centre grounds. Children in particular older, are strongly encouraged to wear masks where possible. Masks are not allowed while swimming.
- Please use hand sanitiser on entry/exit of the centre.
- Social distancing must be practiced throughout the centre, please keep a minimum of 2 metres between yourselves and others where possible and respect the one-way system.
- Each swimmer should only be accompanied by only bring one parent/guardian where possible.
- Shower facilities will not be accessible at this time. Pupils should shower before & after lessons at home. Toilet facilities will be available.
- Be polite, respectful and empathetic to all users of the centre as well as our staff. We realise that these are challenging times however we will not tolerate untoward behaviour.
Pre Swimming Lessons
- Don’t arrive too early to your lessons, as a rule of thumb 5 minutes should be the maximum amount of time to arrive before a lesson.
- Enter the Centre via the changing room walkway exit (between the Pavilion and the Centre) and proceed to poolside.
- Pupils should arrive “beach ready”, this means swimming costume on under normal clothing. There will be no facilities for changing into swim kit.
- Locker facilities will not be available at this time. Belongings should be kept on person at all times. (we accept no responsibility for loss off personal possessions)
Safety during the Lesson
- Lessons have been staggered for start times so that despite having six lessons running at a time in the pool, that only three lessons worth of pupils and parents will be in the changing rooms at once.
- There will be an average of 5 swimmers per lesson and we have a maximum of 30 swimmers in the pool at one time.
- Unfortunately at this time we are unable to safely provide lessons for stages 2 and below. Swim England have given guidance that all teachers must remain on the poolside to teach the lessons.
- Teachers will wear visors, and where possible they will practice social distancing with pupils and colleagues.
- Teachers will not enter the water (as per Swim England & STA advise), unless in the event of an emergency, such as a rescue.
- Assistants will not be used at this current time in group lessons due to a reduced programme.
- All swimming equipment will be sterilised before and after each lesson. Personal equipment may be brought to the lesson if you would prefer. (For example – noodles / kick boards)
- Parents/Guardians will be unable to spectate on poolside at this time unfortunately. After dropping pupils off, parents/guardians must wait outside of the centre, preferably in the car (if available).
- Parents/Guardians will not be allowed on poolside.
Post Swimming Lesson
- Changing rooms aren’t at this current time available for use. Pupils will have to do a quick dry and change on the poolside walkway in the designated spaces.
- Towel onesies and loose warm clothing such as tracksuit bottoms and baggy t-shirts are preferred for quick changes. This depends on individual situations such as the weather on the day and whether you walk or drive in.
- We will be cleaning the walkway and contact surfaces after use.
- Continue to follow the one way system and exit the building through reception.
Covid Symptoms – please stay at home
- If you have been in contact with someone with Covid or you or anyone in your household has any of the government signs and symptoms. Please stay at home.
- Continue to follow the latest government travel advice and self-isolate if required.